I am a virtual/remote independent bookkeeper
These are some of the bookkeeping services I can assist you with.
I offer bespoke online bookkeeping services throughout England that are tailored to every business, with Making Tax Digital (MTD) coming in for Income Tax Self Assessment (ITSA) in April 2026 Now is an excellent time to prepare for it if you have not already done so as it will benefit your business with up-to-date accounts and can see what your profit could be in real-time.
By using FreeAgent, QuickBooks and Xero cloud accounting software for my bookkeeping services. If not already set up, I can help you set that up, as they give real-time reviews of the business accounts and will aid in making those critical decisions and make it easier to sort year-end tax accounts.
As an Independent bookkeeper, I will perform regular checks that you are on the correct bookkeeping service package, as no one wants to pay more than they need to, but if it is more than the original package in both instances, I will contact you to discuss.
Sample of bookkeeping services offered.
Performing a monthly review of bank feeds and maintaining ledgers by recording actual transactions to trial balance are essential tasks in accounting and financial management.
- Set Up Bank Feeds: Ensure that your accounting software is connected to your bank accounts and that there is access to live bank feeds. This allows you to see the actual transactions that occur in your bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Review Bank Feeds: Regularly review the bank feeds to identify all transactions that have occurred during the month. This includes deposits, withdrawals, bank charges, interest income, and any other relevant transactions.
- Categorize Transactions: Categorize each transaction correctly to ensure that they are recorded in the appropriate ledger accounts.
- Reconcile Bank Accounts: Perform bank reconciliations to ensure that the transactions recorded in your accounting system match the transactions shown in the bank feeds. Address any discrepancies or outstanding items during this process.
- Prepare Trial Balance: A trial balance is a summary of all the ledger accounts with their respective debit and credit balances. Prepare a trial balance to ensure that the total debits equal the total credits, which helps identify any errors in the accounting entries.
- Generate Financial Statements: Generate financial statements such as the income statement (profit and loss statement) and the balance sheet.
I wholeheartedly recommend Joanne David to any business owner or individual seeking bookkeeping services. Her professionalism, attention to detail, and commitment to her clients is outstanding.
I know I am in capable hands and she has a great energy about her, always makes me feel listened to and is very helpful.
Properly matching, coding, and recording accounts receivable transactions are crucial for maintaining accurate financial records.
- Matching Invoices: Match each customer payment received with the corresponding invoice issued. This ensures that the accounts receivable balance is up to date and accurately reflects the amounts owed by customers.
- Coding Transactions: Assign appropriate codes to each accounts receivable transaction. Coding helps in categorizing transactions for reporting and analysis purposes. The codes may include customer identifiers, project codes, or product codes, depending on your business needs.
- Recording Transactions: Record the matched and coded accounts receivable transactions in your accounting software. This will include the date of the transaction, the customer’s name, the invoice number, the amount received, and any relevant coding information.
- Updating Customer Balances: After recording each transaction, update the individual customer accounts to reflect the new balances. Ensure that the accounts receivable balances match the total outstanding amounts owed by customers.
- Invoice Generation (if applicable): If you wish for me to have the responsibility or you wish to do this yourself, create invoices and issue them to customers for products or services provided. Invoices should include essential details such as the description of the goods or services, the payment terms, the due date, and any other relevant information.
- Follow-Up on Overdue Invoices: Monitor the ageing of accounts receivable regularly. So you or I ( if agreed to) can Identify and follow up with customers who have overdue payments to ensure timely collection and reduce the risk of bad debts.
- Prepare Reports: Generate accounts receivable reports to track the overall status of outstanding balances, ageing of receivables, and collections performance. These reports will help to understand the financial health of the company.
- Reconciliation: Regularly reconcile the accounts receivable balances in your cloud accounting system this ensures accuracy and helps identify any discrepancies that need to be resolved.
Through diligently following these steps, you can efficiently manage accounts receivable, maintain accurate financial records, and facilitate the smooth operation of your organization’s finances.
Managing accounts payable and scanned receipts is equally important for efficient financial operations.
- Matching Invoices and Receipts: Match each invoice and receipt with the corresponding purchase or expense. This ensures that you have proper documentation for each transaction.
- Coding Transactions: Assign appropriate account codes to each transaction. For accounts payable, this typically involves coding transactions to specific expense accounts in the general ledger.
- Recording Transactions: After matching and coding the transactions, record them in the accounting software.
- Payment Terms and Due Dates: Review the payment terms and due dates on each invoice. This will help you manage your cash flow effectively and avoid any late payment penalties.
- Reconcile Statements: Regularly reconcile vendor statements with accounts payable records. This helps identify any discrepancies or missing invoices and ensures that your records are accurate.
- Scanned Receipts Management: For expenses that have physical receipts, scan and store them electronically for easy retrieval and record-keeping. Match each scanned receipt with the corresponding expense transaction and check all digital information corresponds with the receipt.
- Reconciliation: Regularly reconcile the accounts payable balances with the general ledger to ensure accuracy and identify any discrepancies.
- Prepare Reports: Generate accounts payable reports and summaries to provide an overview of outstanding balances, payment history, and any significant trends. These reports will assist in budgeting and cash flow management.
This help to maintain proper documentation, so you can effectively manage your accounts payable, scanned receipts, and overall financial records, ensuring a smooth financial process for your business.
- Managing outstanding accounts and maintaining a clear picture of your business’s financial health is an efficient way to see accounts receivable management and chasing outstanding debts which is crucial for maintaining a healthy cash flow and overall financial stability.
- Offering my services to handle outstanding debts on your behalf, I can provide valuable assistance in maintaining positive cash flow and ensuring timely payments. Not everyone may feel comfortable chasing debts, and having someone experienced and dedicated to this task can be very beneficial.
- Timely payments from customers are vital for businesses, as they rely on that cash flow to cover operating expenses, invest in growth opportunities, and meet financial obligations can make a significant difference in Your financial well-being.
- Providing regular monthly updates is an excellent way to keep informed and can offer reassurance that your accounts are being taken care of professionally. Communication is key in building trust; I love a proactive approach to keeping my clients updated on their business accounts.
- As with any aspect of business, there are no guarantees, but your dedication and efforts to handle outstanding debts professionally can increase the likelihood of timely payments and a more stable financial position for your clients.
- Overall, I am committed to supporting businesses in managing their business bookkeeping, providing them with peace of mind. Effective financial management is crucial for any successful business.
Preparing year-end accounts for sole traders involves several steps, including compiling a trial balance, profit and loss statement (income statement), and balance sheet (statement of financial position). Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you with the process:
Step 1: Gather Financial Information Collect all relevant financial information from all of the above bookkeeping
Step 2: Organize Transactions Organize the financial information into appropriate categories, such as revenue, cost of goods sold, operating expenses, assets, and liabilities.
Step 3: Prepare Trial Balance List all the account balances in the trial balance. A trial balance is a summary of all the ledger accounts with their respective debit and credit balances.
Step 4: Prepare Profit and Loss Statement The profit and loss statement (P&L) shows the revenue, expenses, and the resulting profit or loss for the financial year.
Step 5: Prepare Balance Sheet The balance sheet presents the financial position of the business at a specific point in time, usually the year-end. It lists the assets, liabilities, and equity of the sole trader.
Step 6: Pass over to your accountant.
To finalize your year-end accounts and self-assessment.
It’s important to note that preparing year-end accounts for a sole trader’s business can be complex, especially for someone without accounting expertise.
Consider seeking the help of a professional accountant to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting principles and tax regulations.
This will also free up your time to focus on their core business activities.
As a sole trader, entrepreneur or freelancer, managing the day-to-day operations of a small business or working as a freelancer can be incredibly time-consuming.
Leaving little time for essential financial tasks like invoicing, payment tracking, and bookkeeping.
outsourcing your bookkeeping to a bookkeeper to handle these financial aspects on your behalf, you can help alleviate your stress.
This ensures a more streamlined cash flow for you and the business.
Here are some key benefits:
- Time Savings: By taking care of invoicing and payment tracking, you get more time to focus on core business activities and serving your clients. This can lead to increased productivity and growth opportunities.
- Financial Accuracy: As a professional bookkeeper, I have the expertise to ensure that all financial records are accurate and up-to-date. This helps in preparing reliable financial statements and making informed business decisions.
- Improved Cash Flow: Timely invoicing and efficient payment tracking can significantly improve cash flow for you and your business.
- Financial Insights: Maintaining organized financial records gives you valuable insights into your business’s financial health. This can help identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue growth.
- Compliance and Taxes: As a bookkeeper, I can assist you in staying compliant with tax regulations and deadlines. This helps to avoid any penalties or late fees.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your financial matters are in capable hands can provide peace of mind. So you can focus on work, knowing that the books are being handled professionally.
- Flexible Collaboration: I offer various service packages to meet my clients’ specific needs. I love working alongside my clients as a petite cheerleader and helping as you get to know your numbers and grow.
I had the pleasure of working with chapter BookKeeping for my business’s financial needs, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Their attention to detail, organization, and expertise in bookkeeping made a significant difference in streamlining our financial processes. Chapter BookKeeping is not just a bookkeeper; they’re a financial ally you can trust. Highly recommend!
Would give a 10 to Jo for her service but 5 is the most you can give on Google.
My experience as a sole trader I understand the challenges you face. This makes me well-equipped to provide valuable bookkeeping services and support whilst helping you manage your financial responsibilities.
If this Bookkeeping service sounds like what you need or if you want to find out more, please contact me.
I am more than a bookkeeper I also offer guidance for social media marketing and business strategy. If you a curious to know more please take a look at my VIP call from Chapter Foundations.